ORA-01146 cannot start online backup - file string is already in backup
This is an Oracle Database Server Message. This can be generated by the Oracle Database when running any Oracle program.
When starting an online backup it was noticed that an online backup was already started for one of the data files.
End the first backup before beginning another.
Contacting Oracle support services ?
Some messages recommend contacting Oracle Support Services to report a problem. When you contact Oracle Support Services, please have the following information available:
- The hardware, operating system, and release number of the operating system on which Oracle is running
- The complete release number of the Oracle Database (for example, release 184.108.40.206.0 or release 220.127.116.11.2)
- All Oracle programs (with version numbers) in use when the error occurred. For example, SQL*Net V2.0 or SQL*Forms V3.0
- If you encountered one or more error codes or messages, then the exact code numbers and message text, in the order they appeared
- The problem severity, according to the following codes:
- Program not usable. Critical impact on operations.
- Program usable. Operations severely restricted.
- Program usable with limited functions. Not critical to overall operations.
- Problem circumvented by customer. Minimal effect, if any, on operations.
- Your name
- The name of your organization
- Your Oracle Support ID Number
- Your telephone number
Linked Error Messages
- ORA-01138 database must either be open in this instance or not at all
- ORA-01139 RESETLOGS option only valid after an incomplete database recovery
- ORA-01140 cannot end online backup - all files are offline or readonly
- ORA-01141 error renaming data file string - new file ' string ' not found
- ORA-01142 cannot end online backup - none of the files are in backup
- ORA-01143 cannot disable media recovery - file string needs media recovery
- ORA-01144 File size ( string blocks) exceeds maximum of string blocks
- ORA-01145 offline immediate disallowed unless media recovery enabled
- ORA-01147 SYSTEM tablespace file string is offline
- ORA-01149 cannot shutdown - file string has online backup set
- ORA-01150 cannot prevent writes - file string has online backup set
- ORA-01151 use media recovery to recover block, restore backup if needed
- ORA-01152 file string was not restored from a sufficiently old backup
- ORA-01153 an incompatible media recovery is active
- ORA-01154 database busy. Open, close, mount, and dismount not allowed now