ORA-01539 tablespace ' string ' is not online
This is an Oracle Database Server Message. This can be generated by the Oracle Database when running any Oracle program.
Failed to either make a tablespace read only or offline because it is not online. A tblespace must be online before it can become read only or offline normal.
Check the status of the tablespace. Use IMMEDIATE or TEMPORARY options to force all files offline. Bring the tablespace online before making it read only.
Contacting Oracle support services ?
Some messages recommend contacting Oracle Support Services to report a problem. When you contact Oracle Support Services, please have the following information available:
- The hardware, operating system, and release number of the operating system on which Oracle is running
- The complete release number of the Oracle Database (for example, release 126.96.36.199.0 or release 188.8.131.52.2)
- All Oracle programs (with version numbers) in use when the error occurred. For example, SQL*Net V2.0 or SQL*Forms V3.0
- If you encountered one or more error codes or messages, then the exact code numbers and message text, in the order they appeared
- The problem severity, according to the following codes:
- Program not usable. Critical impact on operations.
- Program usable. Operations severely restricted.
- Program usable with limited functions. Not critical to overall operations.
- Problem circumvented by customer. Minimal effect, if any, on operations.
- Your name
- The name of your organization
- Your Oracle Support ID Number
- Your telephone number
Linked Error Messages
- ORA-01531 a database already open by the instance
- ORA-01532 cannot create database; instance being started elsewhere
- ORA-01533 cannot rename file ' string '; file does not belong to tablespace
- ORA-01534 rollback segment ' string ' doesn't exist
- ORA-01535 rollback segment ' string ' already exists
- ORA-01536 space quota exceeded for tablespace ' string '
- ORA-01537 cannot add data file ' string ' - file already part of database
- ORA-01538 failed to acquire any rollback segment
- ORA-01540 tablespace ' string ' is not offline
- ORA-01541 system tablespace cannot be brought offline; shut down if necessary
- ORA-01542 tablespace ' string ' is offline, cannot allocate space in it
- ORA-01543 tablespace ' string ' already exists
- ORA-01544 cannot drop system rollback segment
- ORA-01545 rollback segment ' string ' specified not available
- ORA-01546 tablespace contains active rollback segment ' string '
- ORA-01547 warning: RECOVER succeeded but OPEN RESETLOGS would get error below