ORA-01643 system tablespace can not be made read only
This is an Oracle Database Server Message. This can be generated by the Oracle Database when running any Oracle program.
Attempting to set the system tablespace to read only. The system tablespace must remain read write for database operation.
Leave system tablespace read write.
Contacting Oracle support services ?
Some messages recommend contacting Oracle Support Services to report a problem. When you contact Oracle Support Services, please have the following information available:
- The hardware, operating system, and release number of the operating system on which Oracle is running
- The complete release number of the Oracle Database (for example, release 184.108.40.206.0 or release 220.127.116.11.2)
- All Oracle programs (with version numbers) in use when the error occurred. For example, SQL*Net V2.0 or SQL*Forms V3.0
- If you encountered one or more error codes or messages, then the exact code numbers and message text, in the order they appeared
- The problem severity, according to the following codes:
- Program not usable. Critical impact on operations.
- Program usable. Operations severely restricted.
- Program usable with limited functions. Not critical to overall operations.
- Problem circumvented by customer. Minimal effect, if any, on operations.
- Your name
- The name of your organization
- Your Oracle Support ID Number
- Your telephone number
Linked Error Messages
- ORA-01635 rollback segment # string specified not available
- ORA-01636 rollback segment ' string ' is already online
- ORA-01637 rollback segment ' string ' is being used by another instance (# string )
- ORA-01638 parameter string does not allow ORACLE version string to mount cluster database
- ORA-01639 instance string has no thread assigned to it
- ORA-01640 cannot make tablespace read only with active transactions
- ORA-01641 tablespace ' string ' is not online - cannot add data file
- ORA-01642 begin backup not needed for read only tablespace ' string '
- ORA-01644 tablespace ' string ' is already read only
- ORA-01645 previous attempt to make read write is half complete
- ORA-01646 tablespace ' string ' is not read only - cannot make read write
- ORA-01647 tablespace ' string ' is read only, cannot allocate space in it
- ORA-01648 log string is the current log of disabled instance string (thread string )
- ORA-01649 operation not allowed with a backup controlfile
- ORA-01650 unable to extend rollback segment string by string in tablespace string
- ORA-01651 unable to extend save undo segment by string for tablespace string